Monday, October 15, 2007

Selamat Hari Raya & Maaf Zahir Batin!


(celebrating Raya with the rest of my extended relatives)

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you readers / bloggers a Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri & Maaf Zahir & Batin. Happy Eid-Mubarak to all Muslims who are celebrating the Syawal after a long days of endurance during the fasting month of Ramadhan.

(with my grandfather at his open house)


To me Syawal this year is very interesting. I got the opportunity to meet my extended relatives and share some thoughts with them. Nowdays we all have different path lies in front of us. Some are doing law, others are doing public administration & administrative science, geology, medic, economics, business, physioteraphy, accounts etc. Some also were not here coz they're pursuing their studies overseas in which Aidilfitri is not a public holiday to their country like my brother is the UK & my cousins in Australia. Oh well, life still goes on & i just hope that they all have a very good Aidilfitri over there.

(the Johorean delicacy being served to visitors at the open house)

Being part of the strong Johorean family...serving laksa Johore & Arissa (the turkish delicacy) is a must when there's a festive season's coming. Of course there's also satay, ketupat, lemang etc. being serve along the way but i guess its just tradition for the host to show our very arts of culinary.

So today, being the 3rd day of Hari Raya i've went to about 10 Open Houses. Oh it's such a wonderful month to eat all you can but i'm afraid that men do have their capacity in their stomach. The problem is that when the food is so tempting & so tasty...there's no way stopping it. Huhu. I guess we might just get along with it.

No comments: